Vacuum Degassing Oven
Accurately meets AASHTO R28 and ASTM D6521 standards
Audible and Visual alarm, indicating end of process
High precision controller featuring a digital display
Self-contained automatic vacuum system
Stainless Steel Construction
Current ASTM and AASHTO specifications require vacuum degassing of asphalt specimens after aging in Pressure Aging Vessels (PAV’s). This table top vacuum degassing oven is completely automated and includes self-contained vacuum system. The chamber accommodates four specimens in the included containers. The cabinet, chamber and cover are constructed of easily maintained stainless steel. The cover has a heat-resistant glass viewing window for observation during the vacuum degassing process.
- Compact Unit
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Easily cleaned work surface on top of unit for preparing and unloading specimens
- Holds up to 4 eight ounce or 8 four ounce specimen containers
- Self-contained automatic vacuum system
- Illuminated Pre-heat, Degass and End/Stop Buttons
- High Precision Controller featuring a digital display indicating time, temperature and the current stage of each process
- Audible and Visual alarm, indicating end of process
- Maintains temperature up to 170° C with an accuracy of +/- 5° C.
- Pressure Gauge indicated in both kPa and in. hg
- Power Requirements: 115 VAC, 1 Ph. 60 Hz. or 230 VAC, 1 Ph. 50 Hz.
|Dimensions (LxWxH) mm (inch)||610 x 406 x 304 (26 x 16 x 12)|
|Weight Kg (lbs)||84 (185)|
|Electrical Supply||115 VAC, 1 Ph. 60 Hz. or 230 VAC, 1 Ph. 50 Hz.|
Vacuum Degassing Oven (VDO) is engineered to perform degassing of pressure aged binder samples to precisely and accurately meet AASHTO R28 and ASTM D6521 standards.